[reprinted from Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs] The youth and adult members of the 2017 Episcopal Youth Event (EYE17) Mission Planning Team have been announced by Bronwyn Clark Skov, Episcopal Church Officer for Youth Ministries.
“Every individual on this list demonstrated a high level of passion, skill, and dedication to their faith and to the Episcopal Church,” noted Skov. “We are excited to start working with this talented team of youth and adults to put together a meaningful, energizing 2017 Episcopal Youth Event.”
The 2017 event marks the thirteenth EYE and remains a popular and well-attended event. EYE17 is geared for youth in grades 9-12 during the 2016-2017 academic year and their adult leaders. Registration information will be available later this year.
- Enmanuel Almeida, Iglesia Episcopal Dominicana
- Tyler Benting, Diocese of Southeast Florida
- Kiera Campbell, Diocese of Olympia
- Christi Cunningham, Diocese of Fond du Lac
- Jenna Elmer, Diocese of Oklahoma
- Rachel Feenstra, Diocese of Connecticut
- Josh Floberg, Diocese of North Dakota
- Andrés Gonzalez-Bonillas, Diocese of Arizona
- Pierce Hubbard, Diocese of Spokane
- Rebecca Loncar, Diocese of Michigan
- Trevor Mahan, Diocese of Kansas
- Avery Nasworthy, Diocese of Massachusetts
- Leyla Robinson, Diocese of Maryland
- Devon Shank, Diocese of Southwest Florida
- Sharisma Ubiera, Diocese of New Jersey/Iglesia Episcopal Dominicana
- Chenyeng Vang, Episcopal Church in Minnesota
- Grace Aheron, Diocese of Virginia
- Arlette Benoit, Diocese of Atlanta
- Ronald Ruiz Braman, Diocese of Idaho
- Randy Callender, Diocese of Maryland
- Elizabeth Canaday, Diocese of Oklahoma
- Jess Elfring-Roberts, Diocese of Chicago
- Maggie Foote, Diocese of Southern Ohio
- Samantha Haycock, Diocese of California/Diocese of Arkansas
- Christoph Herpel, Convocation of Episcopal Church in Europe
- Rob Konkol, Diocese of Southern Ohio
- Frank Sierra, Diocese of West Missouri
- Julia Domenick, Diocese of Georgia
- Sarah Klitzke, Diocese of Dallas
- Valerie Harris, Formation & Vocation Ministries Associate
- Shannon Kelly, Officer for Young Adult and Campus Ministries
- Wendy Johnson, Digital Missioner for Formation
- Bronwyn Clark Skov, Officer for Youth Ministries.
The EYE17 Mission Planning Team will hold its first planning meeting this month at University of Central Oklahoma, the site of EYE17. The team will also meet in October, February 2017, and April.
“I look forward to welcoming this excellent team to Oklahoma,” Oklahoma Bishop Edward J. Konieczny said. “We are excited to work together in planning a great 2017 EYE in Oklahoma City!”
EYE is every three years in accordance with General Convention Resolution #1982-D079.
Applications for young adults to serve on the EYE17 Pastoral Care Team will be available this fall. The pastoral care team includes chaplains, peer ministers, dorm crew, and health care volunteers. The Rev. Shannon Kelly, Officer for Young Adult and Campus Ministries, will coordinate this aspect of EYE staffing, email@example.com.
For more information contact Skov at firstname.lastname@example.org.