[Episcopal News Service] The Standing Committee of the Episcopal Diocese of New York has announced a slate of five nominees to stand for election as the diocese’s bishop suffragan.
- The Rev. Kim L. Coleman, rector, Trinity Episcopal Church, Arlington, Virginia;
- The Rev. Canon Susan C. Harriss, rector, Christ’s Church, Rye, New York;
- The Rev. Kathleen L. Liles, rector, Christ & Saint Stephen’s Church, New York, New York;
- The Rev. Allen K. Shin, rector, St. John’s Episcopal Church, Huntington, Long Island, New York; and
- The Rev. Mauricio J. Wilson, rector, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Oakland, California.
Detailed information about the five nominees is available here.
A petition process for submitting additional candidates will run until Oct. 26. The petition form is available here.
The nominees will participate in a visit to the diocese Nov. 12-15, during which time they will meet with clergy and lay people of the diocese.
The bishop suffragan election is scheduled to take place on Dec. 7.
The bishop suffragan will succeed the Rt. Rev. Catherine Roskam who retired in 2011 after serving the diocese for 15 years.