|What are you looking for?|
|What’s the name of your church or organization?|
|Christ Church Cranbrook|
|Where is the job site located?|
|Bloomfield Hills, MI|
|What do you want this person to do?|
Parish Administrator— Full-Time, Exempt, some evening and irregular hours required
Summary Job Description
The Parish Administrator will be responsible for overseeing Christ Church Cranbrook’s financial, facility, and human resource assets. This position reports directly to the Rector (the senior cleric and CEO of the parish) and is employed at the Rector’s will.
Required Knowledge/Skills and Experience
• Solid knowledge of office software including, but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as accounting and financial reporting software, and demonstrated ability to learn, adapt, and integrate new software and technology.
• Solid knowledge of Human Resource operations and best practices.
• Expert organizational, planning, problem solving, time management, and general supervisory skills.
• Expert communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
• Demonstrated practical ability to communicate financial concepts to—and effectively collaborate with—colleagues who may not have finance backgrounds.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent from four-year college in a finance, business accounting or related field; or five to eight years of broad financial and operations management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous experience as COO and/or CFO in a church or nonprofit organization especially related to audit work, investment administration, and complex financial issues desired.
• Ability to be respectful and conscientious in all situations and under pressure, always maintaining confidentiality, discretion, cultural awareness, and sensitivity to others.
Specific Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Financial Management:
o Monitor operating budget and endowment funds through issuing, analyzing, and presenting monthly reports to the Rector, Finance Committee, and Vestry.
o Prepares reports and analysis, as needed, and attends monthly Finance, Investment, Stewardship, Personnel, Buildings and Grounds, and Vestry meetings.
o Supervise accounting function, including policies/procedures for adequate internal controls to ensure the integrity of the church’s financial system.
o Oversee payroll process as well as make recommendations regarding salary structure and benefits to the Rector, Personnel Committee, and Vestry.
o Direct risk management process by ensuring appropriate insurance coverage and serving as lead contact for insurance company.
o Oversee, coordinate and schedule IT and telephone support.
o Coordinate annual audit process.
o Manage annual budget process.
o Lead contact in banking and trust relationships with financial institutions.
o Obtain legal advice as needed on behalf of church management and Vestry.
o Address facility maintenance, custodial, and event management needs with Facilities Manager.
o Plan and coordinate major capital projects, or delegate as appropriate.
o Provide oversight for all vendor contracts and relationships.
o Ensure adequate safety programs are in place to protect staff, parishioners, visitors, and physical assets.
o Review and update facility policies and procedures, as needed.
• Human Resources:
o Supervise and exercise transparent HR administration processes.
o Assist clergy and lay leaders in developing and implementing effective hiring, development, incentive, and termination procedures.
o Review and update personnel policies, procedures, and compensation structures, as needed.
o Liaise with clergy, staff, vendors, and lease holders to plan and implement and/or support projects through proper channels.
o Work closely with the Rector and Vestry to monitor the financial condition of the church, develop effective financial strategies, and to ensure that key assets are stewarded responsibly and in alignment with the church’s mission and values.
o Provide insights and recommendations related to financial, facilities, and HR matters as needed by management, staff, committees, and Vestry.
o Review all contracts throughout organization and confirm all appropriate authorizations are obtained prior to church’s legal commitment.
o Monitor status of committee composition reviews.• Decision Making:
o Makes leadership and management decisions in line with church priorities, polices, and procedures, and which effectively and appropriately achieve the church’s goals.
o Seeks the advice and counsel of the Rector on decisions that extend beyond the scope of the Church Administration Department.
• Financial Authority:
o Authorized to initiate and transact budget-approved expenditures per a provided approval authority matrix.
o Approaches communication with a positive, problem-solving demeanor.
o Works with diverse types of people and communicates respectfully and effectively in both written and spoken form.
o Maintains and respects discretion at all times and confidentiality where appropriate.
• Results of Actions:
o Accurate and appropriate financial reports regularly available to leaders and church decision makers.
o Legal and timely HR functions appropriate for the culture of the church.
o IT and phone resources appropriate to the current and long term needs of the church.
o An accurate and effective annual budget process, with “clean” annual audit.
o Church financial accountability and transparency at the highest level.
o Clean, well-maintained facilities allow for a safe and enjoyable place for ministry and worship
|What type of commitment are you looking for?|
|Does this job pay?|
|What is the application process?|
|Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and wdanaher@
|When is the application deadline?|
|Do you have a website?|
4/13/17: Parish Administrator (Bloomfield Hills, MI)
April 13, 2017 ||