|What are you looking for?|
|Vice President for Finance and Operations|
|What’s the name of your church or organization?|
|VIRGINIA THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY|
|Where is the job site located?|
|What do you want this person to do?|
|Virginia Theological Seminary invites applications for the position of Vice President for Finance and Operations. The Vice President for Finance and Operations will play a central role in ensuring that the Seminary’s finances and infrastructure (namely, Facilities and Information Technology) and other business affairs and operations are in-line with, promote and support the overall strategic focus of the institution. The vice president reports directly to the President and shall serve as a member of the senior staff. The vice president will oversee: the annual operating and capital budgets; the development and implementation of proper policies and procedures; an annual audit and internal controls; proper maintenance and reporting of accounts and balances in all areas of the Seminary; proper and adequate cash flow projection to meet operating needs. The vice president will monitor and provide oversight of the Information Technology and Facilities Departments including supervision of Director of Facilities and the Network and Systems Administrator and will ensure that financial aid, scholarship, special purpose funds and external grants are properly administered.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required; Master’s degree in finance or business preferred.
• Professional certification in a business-related field (such as CPA) preferred.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• At least 10 years of experience in a senior financial management role that included operational responsibilities and the responsibility for the implementation of fiscal controls, at least 5 of which were in the nonprofit or higher education sector.
• At least 5 years of management and supervisory experience in the areas of finance, facilities and information technology.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with the Episcopal Church and Theological Education preferred.
• Superior management skills and an ability to influence and engage others.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
|What type of commitment are you looking for?|
|Does this job pay?|
|What is the application process?|
|Interested applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references tohttps://www.ziprecruiter.com/
|Is there a link to the job posting or application somewhere?|
|Do you have a website?|
4/5/17: Vice President for Finance and Operations (Alexandria, VA)
April 5, 2017 ||