|What are you looking for?|
|What’s the name of your church or organization?|
|St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church|
|Where is the job site located?|
|Mountain View, CA|
|What do you want this person to do?|
|Worship, Study, Prayer, and Service to Others:
We envision our Rector as a spiritual guide, preacher, communicator, teacher, encourager in ministry, and administrator in order that members are heartened to live a life of meaning, happiness, and blessing as the hands, face, and heart of Jesus.
• Develop and lead worship in the Episcopal tradition, working collegially with staff and lay leaders.
• Enrich St. Timothy’s standard of traditional and contemporary liturgy, involving children and adults.
• Oversee Christian formation and education of children and adults, encouraging them to live by word and example the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
o Be a familiar face to the children in the Preschool, visiting the classrooms regularly and attending events.
• Challenge us to a greater understanding of the power of God’s Word, both in sermons and in classes.
• Help the parish focus on God’s presence and power in our lives.
• Supervise preparation for baptism, confirmation, reaffirmation, and reception.
• Spend time in prayer and study of Scripture, maintaining a healthy connection between work, rest, and renewal as a lifelong learner.
• Develop and empower missional and educational opportunities.
o Encourage the discernment of ministries, supporting leaders in their work of fulfilling the mission of the parish.
o Build connections with and identify important needs in our surrounding community and provide opportunities for more parishioners to serve, turning our Joy in Action to Joy in Mission.
• Model the radical hospitality of Christ by reaching out to all people, regardless of abilities, race, gender, sexuality, or faith tradition.
St. Timothy’s is presently a transitional sized parish, requiring the Rector to be both priest and administrator.
• The Rector will oversee the administration of the church, supervising and developing staff in consultation with the Vestry.
o Augment his/her own skills by partnering with and inspiring staff and lay leaders for additional support where needed.
o A goal of the Vestry is to provide an administrative support network sufficient for the majority of the Rector’s time to be devoted to worship, education, prayer, and service to others.
• The Rector will prepare for and chair Vestry meetings.
• The Rector will raise awareness of parish financial assets and needs.
• The Rector will encourage stewardship by members for its continuing ministry including the making of wills and the giving of gifts to the church.
• The Rector reminds us through word and example of the healthy balance of work and play and fosters fellowship and community.
|What type of commitment are you looking for?|
|Does this job pay?|
|What is the application process?|
|Please send a cover letter, resume and OTM Portfolio to Canon Brian Nordwick at email@example.com . For more information, please contact Canon Brian either via email or phone him at: 831-394-4465,|
|When is the application deadline?|
|Is there a link to the job posting or application somewhere?|
|Do you have a website?|
2/24/17: Rector (Mountain View, CA)
February 24, 2017 ||