|What are you looking for?|
|Asst Rector – Younger Adults, Families, Community|
|What’s the name of your church or organization?|
|St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church|
|Where is the job site located?|
|Kansas City, MO|
|What do you want this person to do?|
St. Andrew’s is seeking a priest to lead ministries with younger adults (under 50) and families, both those presently in the congregation and those who aren’t part of a church. This priest will lead our efforts to build community, participation, and discipleship among members in these age groups; and he/she will minister with the unchurched, de-churched, and marginally churched, building community among spiritual-but-not-religious younger adults and families. That effort may result in creating a new spiritual community within the existing life of St. Andrew’s, as well as connecting younger adults and families with our inherited expression of church. (For examples of such a both/and approach, see our rector’s book Beating the Boundaries: The Church God is Calling Us to Be; Morehouse, 2016.) In all its manifestations, this priest’s work will embody the values of the Episcopal “Big Tent,” generous welcome, authentic relationships, worship flowing from the community that offers it, life-wide Christian formation, collaborative ministry, and service to the city and world around us.
• Build relationships and lead existing ministries with St. Andrew’s younger adults, youth, and children.
• Create opportunities for people coming into St. Andrew’s and existing younger-adult members to build relationships and minister together, bringing those new to the church into the broadening community of the larger parish.
• Collaborate with existing outreach ministries to make service a key element of formation for younger adults and families.
• Help develop a culture of stewardship among younger adults and families.
• Share in the rotation of presiding, preaching (at least one Sunday a month), and emergency pastoral availability; take part in meetings of staff, commissions, Executive Committee, and Vestry.
Qualifications, Competencies, and Characteristics
Compensation and Benefits
Purpose (the “why” – our core belief, the deep and real reason for our being):
Mission (what we do):
Vision (what we aspire to be, the destination we’re seeking):
|What type of commitment are you looking for?|
|Does this job pay?|
|What is the application process?|
|Send a cover letter, résumé, and materials from the Office of Transition Ministry to the Rev. John Spicer, rector, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Kansas City, MO – firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please include a paragraph on your thoughts about St. Andrew’s from the perspective of someone outside the parish looking in through the available windows (website, Facebook, etc.).|
|When is the application deadline?|
|Do you have a website?|
2/24/17: Asst Rector – Younger Adults, Families, Community (Kansas City, MO)
February 24, 2017 ||