|What are you looking for?|
|What’s the name of your church or organization?|
|St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church|
|Where is the job site located?|
|What do you want this person to do?|
|We are seeking a Director of Music Ministries to coordinate and integrate the music ministry of the parish in a manner that enhances the spirit of worship and assists the congregation in praising and serving God. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Collaborate with rector to plan weekly, seasonal, and special liturgies such as weddings and funerals.
– Provide music at all sung liturgies.
– Conduct regular Adult Choir rehearsals on weekday evenings as well as practice sessions before choral church services.
– Explore ways of integrating music and participation that spans genres and generations.
– Participate in Worship & Liturgy Committee meetings.
– Position may expand in the future to include developing music programs with children and youth of the parish.
– Participate in parish life when possible.
The required skills for success in this position include:
• Demonstrated leadership skills in directing and motivating musical participants.
• Ability to play organ and piano proficiently and to improvise appropriately as needed at key moments in the service.
• Understanding of Episcopal liturgy and the role of music in worship services.
• Knowledge of traditional and contemporary choral and keyboard church music.
• Experience in and passion for building community.
• Instructional competency in teaching music to volunteer singers of all ages and abilities.
|What type of commitment are you looking for?|
|Does this job pay?|
|When is the application deadline?|
|Do you have a website?|
11/8/16: Music Director (Encinitas, CA)
November 8, 2016 ||