|What are you looking for?|
|Canon to the Ordinary/Transitions Officer|
|What’s the name of your church or organization?|
|Diocese of New Jersey – Diocesan Office|
|Where is the job site located?|
|What do you want this person to do?|
The Canon to the Ordinary/Transitions Officer of the Diocese of New Jersey is part of an energetic, creative and collaborative diocesan team. She or he serves as clergy assistant and counselor to the bishop and has particular responsibility for overseeing all aspects of the transition process in the diocese. She or he is part of a committed team formed to carry out the visions and programs initiated by the bishop and the lay and ordained leadership of the diocese. The Canon to the Ordinary/Transitions Officer accomplishes this by building trusting relationships with the bishop, the bishop’s staff, and with clergy and lay leaders throughout the diocese.
• Counselor to the bishop, working collegially with other staff canons, in helping to identify and address matters requiring the bishop’s involvement with clergy, congregations and diocesan bodies and leadership.
• Serves as the bishop’s personal representative when necessary, especially in conflict or other situations requiring the bishop’s intervention.
• Responsible for oversight and implementation of all aspects of the transitions process in the Diocese of New Jersey.
• Supports development and continuing education of the clergy of the diocese.
• Liaison to Diocesan Council and other commissions and committees of the diocese as assigned.
For the full position description, go to: dioceseofnj.org/
|What type of commitment are you looking for?|
|Does this job pay?|
|When is the application due?|
|Do you have a website?|
|Is there a link to the job posting or application somewhere?|
10/26/16: Canon to the Ordinary/Transitions Officer, Diocese of New Jersey
October 26, 2016 ||